Tuesday 12 October 2010

Proposal


My project is to create an interior using 3Ds Max, and to choose a theme and style for my room. This is for unit 66 of the 3D modelling course and the keys aims of the unit are to practise our 3D skills by creating an interior with more than 10 different models in it. The deadline for the project is the 3rd of December 2010.
I have chosen to make a nightclub as my interior complete with a dance floor, tables, chairs and a bar. It is going to be extremely colourful with a lot of different coloured light effects and is going to have over 13 different models. I have chosen this over my other ideas of an office and a police station since it is a lot simpler to create, because I can create it in any way I want and it will look a lot better than a dull office or police station.
I am going to submit my sketchbook with my mind map and all of my sketches and research of clubs that are in use now. Also, images of my finished work are going to be put on a DVD and handed in along with my 3D folder. I will receive feedback from my classmates while creating my interior and also my mentor, while creating the interior in class time.
I have used images of nightclubs and designer chairs and furniture to give me inspiration when designing my own nightclub, since I can take ideas from the best ones and put them together to create my own pieces of furniture.
I need 3Ds Max to complete my project since I need it to create all of the models in my interior and to create the interior itself. I also need access to the internet so I can gather research and inspiration to help when designing my interior. I could also download 3Ds Max at home, using my student number to get a free copy for 3 years, so I can work on it at home and therefore have more time to complete it.
I expect many problems to arise while working on the project. For example, the computer I am working on could crash and then most of the work I had done would be lost, which will waste a lot of time. To solve this I can save often, and also create a backup in case the computer totally crashes and I lose the save.

No comments:

Post a Comment